The Buffalo State NSSLHA chapter has worked very hard at making a presence in the community.
- SLP Awards Banquet
This year, the Speech-Language Pathology Awards Banquet will be held on Friday, May 1, 2015. Please join us for a night in recognizing commitment and excellence. Creekside Banquet Facility will be hosting and catering our event. This is located on 2669 Union Road, Cheektowaga, NY, 14227. We will be collecting raffle basket donations to raise money for Woman and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo and our on campus speech clinic. For more information about the banquet and raffle baskets, please contact Courtney Kerling.
- Niagara Chocolate Candy Sale
Last semester, boxes of chocolate were distributed to members. If you signed up to sell a chocolate box, please give collected monies to Sarah Santarsiero or Julissa Vazquez.
- Clothing Sale
Be sure to purchase your Speech-Language Pathology attire. Flyer and order forms can be picked up during member meeting. For more information, contact Hayley Payne.
- Book Drive
During the first week of March, NSSLHA will be collecting books for the Buffalo State Community Center. Please drop off your donated books in the box in Ketchum 213 or in the Buffalo State Speech Clinic. For more information, contact Sara Santarsiero.
- 5K Fundraiser Walk-Run
The 5k Walk-Run will be held on Sunday, April 19, 2015 from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. at Coyer Track and Field. Please join us for a day of outside fun as we raise money for Women and Children’s Hospital and the on campus speech clinic. Set up will begin at 9 A.M. and the 5k committee is asked to report at that time. If you have any questions, please contact Christy Tolevski.
- Yankee Candle: NSSLHA members will be selling Yankee Candle this year to raise money for Women and Children’s Hospital and our on-campus speech clinic. Yankee Candle Order forms will be distributed during the usual meetings. Yankee Candle Sale order forms are to be given to Alyssa Mazzarella no later than November 18, 2014.
- Food Drive: The Food Bank of WNY is working in conjunction with NSSHLA to collect food this year to fight against hunger. A collection box is located in the Ketchum Hall speech lab where non-perishable can be dropped off and donated. The Food Bank of WNY prefers shelf stable, non-perishable and labeled foods and no glass containers. For more information, visit www.foodbankwny.org or contact an Executive Board member.
- Niagara Chocolate Candy Sale: Boxes of candy will be given out to NSSLHA members before Winter break. If you would like to sell a box, please contact Executive Board Secretary Julissa Vazquez or the SLP Department.
- Bornhava Cleanup Community Service: Bornhava has asked NSSHLA to clean up their outdoor playground. Please come join us in helping Bornhava look its best! Clean up dates are scheduled for October 25, 2014, and November 15, 2014.
SLP Awards Banquet (May 9, 2014)
Niagara Candy Sale
3rd annual 5K Walk/Run (held on April 12, 2014)
2nd Annual 5K Walk/Run - BSC-NSSLHA's 2nd annual 5K walk/run was held on April 27, 2013, at Coyer Field, Buffalo State.
Annual Spring Awards Banquet - The annual Spring Awards Banquet was held on May 3, 2013, at Creekside Banquet Facility in Cheektowaga, NY.
Yankee Candle Fundraiser - This was BSC-NSSLHA's first fundraiser for the 2012-2013 school year. It began on September 20, 2012, and ran until October 30, 2012.
Clothing Fundraiser - This fundraiser involved the members designing a fleece sweatshirt with BSC-NSSLHA’s logo.
Niagara Candy Sale
Book Drive - NSSLHA members understand the major impact that reading has on children’s overall education. The group collected and donated new and gently-used children’s books, to St. Joseph University School.
Basket Raffle and 50/50- Held during our annual Spring Banquet on May 3, 2012.
Photo Session - Executive Board photo session at Woman and Children’s Hospital took place on November 19, 2012.